Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionSet in late-1950's Los Angeles, the Easter Bunny Conspiracy is a grippingly funny coming-of-age tale told from the point of view of a precocious 12 1/2 year-old Catholic boy, Chris Kelly. Chris is struggling to find himself despite the burdens of his being as overweight as he is obsessed with and equally confused by girls, being as agstic as he is Catholic, and as unsure as he is (almost) poised about coping with all the crazy but accepted traditions, customs, prejudices, contradictions and hypocrisies with which he's confronted each day. Chris' problem is that he hasn't yet figured out that he's right to be confused about everyone around him so readily accepting being grounded in one way or ather on deceits such as what Chris calls that Easter Bunny thing. Chris' needs are simple - just to make his way in the world. Aided by flashbacks on his own experiences, Chris' story is about his overcoming the fiery crucible of the 3 days before his Confirmation, which enable him to reach his personal epiphany and stride with semi-confidence into his still-uncertain future with an ethically tolerable plan. Our voyage through these stormy adolescent seas is at once poignant and hilarious. It's bittersweet comedy at its best. You can't help but love it.
- Author(s)William F Powers Jr
- Date of Publication27/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.