Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is about the history of the Itu Oromo from 1879 to 1974. Although the main focus is on the Itu Oromo, the book includes other Eastern Oromo, like Afran, Qallo and Aniya. The Itu Oromo maintained their own political, social and ecomic system before the occupation of their land by the Shawans in the 1880s. The occupation was bloody and took long years and made them part of the Ethiopian empire. In addition, the conquest brought unprecedented consequences to the socio-political system of the Itu, including alien settlements, Islamization and disintegration of the gada system. The Bultum Gada and the Raba Dori systems were replaced the socio-ecomic system of the occupying force. In protest to the occupying force, the Itu were converted in to Islam en mass. Islam and the shawans' occupation were the major factors that shaped the history of the Eastern Oromo in the 20th century. The book may serve as an important source to those who are interested in the history of the horn of Africa in general and the Oromo in Ethiopia in particular.
- Author(s)Ibsa Ahmed
- PublisherLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.