Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIgrance about the disease of asthma kills. Kwledge about asthma saves lives. This book will teach you how to recognize the signs of asthma. How to correctly identify the asthma severity category based on symptoms, pulmonary function, interference with your daily activities, or your use of quick-relief medicines. This book will answer questions you need to kw the answers to like; Do I have asthma? How do I kw when and how to use my medicine? How do I use the different devices the asthma medicines come with? What is a peak flow meter and why do I need one? Will I grow out of this? Can I still engage in my favorite sport? How does my medicine work? What's happening inside my lungs when I'm having an asthma attack? First we'll discuss exactly what asthma is and why it's dangerous. Various definitions of asthma have been used over the years but as the medical community has learned more about the disease, the definition has been made more and more accurate. In this book we'll explain how your various asthma medicines work by pointing to it's place of action within the current asthma definition. We'll discuss at length how the various asthma devices are used and point out the things you should always do and the things that you should never do. We'll explain what a trigger is and how to avoid them. We'll make this often complicated subject of asthma a simple matter that you'll easily be able to understand and remember.
- Author BiographyI finished training in Respiratory Therapy at the College of Health Related Professions in 1982. Since then I've worked in intensive care units, rehabilitation facilities, and emergency departments. I've found that my continuing interest is in asthma and how understanding it can greatly enable the asthma sufferer to better manage and control it. Hence this book. If you use half of what I've included in this book, you'll find that your asthma can be well managed and instead of your asthma controlling you, you'll control your asthma.
- Author(s)Winfred W Henson R R T
- PublisherWinfred W Henson
- Date of Publication03/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWinfred W Henson
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.