All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an invaluable resource for design and planning students to understand how to create resilient, regenerative, and beautiful places. From Henry David Thoreau to Rachel Carson, writers have long examined the effects of industrialisation and its potential to permanently alter the world around them. Today, as we experience rapid global urbanisation, pressures on the natural environment to accommodate our daily needs for food, work, shelter, and recreation are greatly intensified. Concerted efforts to balance human use with ecological concerns are needed w more than ever. In The Ecological Design and Planning Reader Professor Ndubisi offers refreshing insights into key themes that shape the theory and practice of ecological design and planning. He has assembled, synthesized, and framed selected seminal published scholarly works in the field from the past one hundred and fifty years, ending with a suggested agenda for future research and analysis in ecological design and planning. This is the first volume to bring together classic and contemporary writings on the history, evolution, theory, methods, and exemplary practice of ecological design and planning. The collection provides students, scholars, researchers, and practitioners of landscape architecture, urban design, land use planning, and related fields with a solid foundation for understanding the relationship between human systems and our natural environment.
- Author BiographyDr. Forster Ndubisi is a Professor and head of the Department of Landscape Architecture and Urban Planning at Texas A & M University. A former President of Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture (CELA), he is the current Vice President for Research and Information for the Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) Board.
- Author(s)Forster O. Ndubisi
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication13/04/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Note77 photographs & line drawings
- Weight1270 g
- Width180 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.