All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionRobin Stott proposes solutions to the key problems that beset our present health system. He argues that if we are to develop a true public health service rather than a 'disease service', we must make radical changes to the decision-making processes. We need to ackwledge the health impact of many factors including the distribution of wealth, the size of communities, lifestyle issues, local pollution and the condition of the whole planet. The briefing shows how enhanced interaction between people can promote health, social justice and environmental improvements; and sets out a blueprint for local health improvement organisations.
- Author BiographyRobin Stott is a medical doctor who has studied in both Western and Traditional Chinese Medicine. He has been a consultant at Lewisham Hospital since 1975 and was Medical Director of the hospital from 1985 to 1997. He was chairman of the UK Medical Peace and Environment Group (Medact) and speaker of the Council of the International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War.
- Author(s)Robin Stott
- PublisherGreen Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1990
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleSchumacher Briefings
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationTotnes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreen Books
- Weight127 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.