All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe method of ecomic interpretation is irrevocably identified with the name of Charles A. Beard, mainly due to An Ecomic Interpretation of the Constitution of the United States (1913). Yet, it is Beard's later work, The Ecomic Basis of Politics (1922), where he articulates the main principles of his method. In this brief survey of Western political philosophy and contemporary constitutional arrangements, Beard concludes that it is well established doctrine that there is a vital relation between the forms of state and the distribution of property, revolutions in the state being usually the results of contests over property.
- Author BiographyCharles A. Beard (1874-1948) taught at Columbia University, then resigned to become a founder of The New School for Social Research. Among his many works are Development of Modern Europe, Economic Origins of Jeffersonian Democracy, The Rise of American Civilization, and President Roosevelt and the Coming of the War. Clyde W. Barrow is professor of political science and director of the Center for Policy Analysis at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth. He is the author of More than a Historian: The Political and Economic Thought of Charles A. Beard, published by Transaction.
- Author(s)Charles A. Beard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2002
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Introduction byClyde W. Barrow
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $140.31
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $32.08
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.