All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe Scope of This Book Popular culture often refers to current times as the Information Age, classifying many of the techlogical, ecomic, and social changes of the past four deca:les under the rubric of the Information Revolution. But similar to the Iron Age be- fore it, the description Information Age suggests the idea that information is a commodity in the marketplace, one that can be bought and sold as an item of value. When people seek to acquire information yet complain about information overload, and when organizations invest millions in information systems yet are unable to pinpoint the benefits, perhaps this reflects a difficulty with the as- sessment of the value of this commodity relative to its cost, an inability to dis- cern the useless from the useful from the wasteful. The Information Age requires us to assess the value, cost, and gain from information, and to do it from several different viewpoints. At the most elementary level is the individual who perceives a need for in- formation-her current state of kwledge is insufficient and something needs to be understood, or clarified, or updated, or forecast. There is a universe of al- ternative information sources from which to choose, some more informative than others, some more costly than others. The individual's problem is to evalu- ate the alternatives and choose which sources to access. An organization comprising many information-seeking employees and agents must take a somewhat broader viewpoint.
- Author(s)David B. Lawrence
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight629 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1999
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.