The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity in Local and Regional Policy and Management by UNEP (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $184.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $194.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume of the TEEB (The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity) publication series, the key concepts of the project are applied to local and regional policy and public management. The aim is to show that by taking nature's benefits into account, decision makers can promote local development to ensure human well-being and economic growth and stability, while maintaining environmental sustainability. The book explores the potential for local development provided by an approach based on nature. It offers examples of successful implementation of this approach from across the world, highlighting the importance of local decision making in management and planning. It provides tools and practical guidance for reform, and throughout the volume the economic benefits of environmental consideration at a local level are expounded. This book is intended to offer inspiration and practical suggestions for the improvement and sustainable management of the environment and human well-being. The local aspect of this book complements the focus of the previous three volumes, completing the set to provide a comprehensive approach to simultaneously improving and maintaining economic and environmental stability, as well as human well-being.
- Author BiographyHeidi Wittmer heads the working group on governance and institutions for sustainable use of landscapes at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Germany, where she leads the scientific co-ordination of TEEB. Her previous work has focused on the governance of natural resources, especially biodiversity, and on studying and improving the interface of science and policy in this field. Haripriya Gundimeda is an associate professor with the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences at the Indian Institute of Technology in Bombay, India. She has worked at many notable institutions around the world, on various issues relating to environment and development economics and green accounting. Haripriya has also been the lead author of six of the eight monographs for the Green Accounting for Indian states Project initiated by the Green Indian States Trust.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTEEB - The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, 25 black & white tables, 25 black & white line drawings
- Weight1065 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byHaripriya Gundimeda,Heidi Wittmer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.