All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis major textbook provides a comprehensive yet accessible introduction to the ecomics of invation, written for students with some basic kwledge of ecomics. G.M. Peter Swann contends that invation is one of the most important ecomic and business phemena of our time and a topic of great practical and policy interest, with widespread implications for our ecomy and society. This book engages with the reader to explore some of the key ecomic issues concerning invation. Bridging a gap in the literature, this timely textbook addresses critical questions such as: How should different aspects of invation be described and classified? What are the incentives to invate? How should firms organize themselves to promote invation? What are the effects of invation on the ecomy? Do governments have a role in supporting and guiding invation? Introducing the student to a broad range of issues surrounding the ecomics of invation, this text will prove invaluable to students on a variety of courses including ecomics, business and management, invation, and science and techlogy studies.
- Author BiographyG.M. Peter Swann, Emeritus Professor of Industrial Economics, University of Nottingham, UK
- Author(s)G. M. Peter Swann
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.