All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ecomics of kwledge is a rapidly emerging subdiscipline of ecomics that has never before been given the comprehensive and cohesive treatment found in this book. Dominique Foray analyzes the deep conceptual and structural transformation of our ecomic activities that has led to a gradual shift to kwledge-intensive activities. This transformation is the result of the collision of a longstanding trend -- the expansion of kwledge-based investments and activities -- with a techlogical revolution that radically altered the production and transmission of kwledge and information. The book focuses on the dual nature of the ecomics of kwledge: its emergence as a discipline (which Foray calls the ecomics of kwledge ) and the historical development of a particular period in the growth and organization of ecomic activities ( the kwledge-based ecomy ).The book, which alternates between analysis of the ecomic transformation and examination of the tools and concepts of the discipline, begins by discussing kwledge as an ecomic good and the historical development of the kwledge-based ecomies. It then develops a conceptual framework for considering the issues raised. Topics considered in the remaining chapters include forms of kwledge production, codification and infusion, incentives and institutions for the efficient production of kwledge (including discussions of private markets and open sources), and kwledge management as a new organizational capability. Finally, the book addresses policy concerns suggested by the uneven development of kwledge across different sectors and by the need to find ways of reclaiming the public dimension of kwledge from an essentially privatized kwledge revolution.
- Author BiographyDominique Foray holds the Chair in Economics and Management of Innovation and is Director of the College of Management of Technology at Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne. He is the author of The Economics of Knowledge (MIT Press, 2004).
- Author(s)Dominique Foray
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note12 illus.
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.