All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSupported by numerous charts and detailed analysis, The Ecomist Guide to Investment Strategy outlines how to construct investment strategies appropriate for individual investors. It looks at the risks and opportunities of uncomplicated strategies and it comes with wealth-warnings for those who wish to explore more sophisticated and fashionable investment approaches. It emphasizes the importance of taking into account insights from behavioral analysis as well as the principles of traditional finance. It highlights how habitual patterns of decision-making can lead any of us into costly mistakes, and it stresses how markets are most dangerous when they appear to be most rewarding.
- Author Biography<b>Peter Stanyer</b> is an independent investment economist. He advises two UK private wealth managers and serves on the investment committees of three large UK pension funds (chairing one of them) and of a college endow- ment. He began his career as a professional economist working at the Bank of England and then the IMF, and for the past 25 years he has worked with individuals, families and institutions from around the world on investment strategy and investment risk management. <b>Elroy Dimson</b> is Emeritus Professor of Finance at London Business School. He chairs the Strategy Council for the Norwegian Government Pension Fund, chairs the Policy Committee for FTSE Group and co directs the Centre for Endowment Asset Management at Cambridge Judge Business School. His publications include Triumph of the Optimists, Endowment Asset Management and the Global Investment Returns Yearbook. He has been an associate editor of Journal of Finance, Review of Finance and other journals.
- Author(s)Peter Stanyer,The Economist
- Date of Publication04/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Series TitleEconomist (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, graphs
- Weight363 g
- Width135 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.