All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThousands of established businesses fail every year because of the way they are organised, or re-organised. Business survival can depend t only on whether its structures and reporting lines meet the needs of the market, but also whether they can adapt in the face of a rapidly changing business environment. Yet managers seldom talk coherently about structuring or restructuring their operations, let alone take a systematic approach to this vital issue. Too often, companies are restructured for the wrong reasons - for example, because a new CEO wants to make an impact, or to work around a new IT system. This revised and updated Ecomist Guide shows how leaders should think about and implement the design of a company, using five easy-to-use guiding principles: - Design a company around its strategy and the operating context, t for ulterior or n-business reasons; - Think holistically - don't restructure just one division without taking into account other operations; - Consider future markets, customers and trends, t just what works best w; - Invest time and resources: - a redesign can be complicated to implement and must be done without disrupting daily activities; and - Go back to the basics of how the company operates and its market position; this is t a repair job to fix a short-term problem.
- Author BiographyDr Naomi Stanford is a consultant, teacher, and author in the field of organization design and development in all its manifestations. She has experience both as a corporate employee of large multinational companies, including Price Waterhouse, British Airways, Marks & Spencer, and Xerox, and as a consultant to a range of organizations in the government, non-profit and private sectors. She is the author of five books and her blog, www. naomistanford.com, showcases her interests.
- Author(s)Naomi Stanford
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEconomist Books
- Weight420 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.