All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
About this product
- DescriptionRoger Pielke reveals how sports stars break the rules in their search for a competitive edge. Both entertaining and thought-provoking, THE EDGE t only visits the battlefields in the war against cheating and corruption, but also explores ways to ensure that the spirit of sport can survive in today's high-tech, highly professional world. Drawing on controversies straight out of the headlines, Pielke looks at doping, match fixing, fake amateurism, and other ways of breaking the rules. But are those rules--and the values they reflect--hopelessly outdated? Wonderfully readable and scrupulously researched, THE EDGE blends science and journalism to produce an unforgettable account of sport in crisis.
- Author BiographyRoger Pielke, Jr. is head of the Sports Governance Center at the University of Colorado. He is author, co-author, or co-editor of seven books. He discusses sports issues on his popular blog The Least Thing (leastthing.blogspot.com) and he's a frequent contributor to the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, the Financial Times, Sporting Intelligence, and the Guardian.
- PublisherRoaring Forties Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationBerkley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoaring Forties Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Introduction bySimon Kuper
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.