All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
About this product
- Description<b>The Edgar and Agatha Award-minated vel from #1 <i>New York Times</i> bestseller Elizabeth George!</b> On Whidbey Island, thing is as it seems. Becca's ability to hear whispers the thoughts of others has put her at risk from her criminal stepfather. So Becca escapes to Whidbey Island, where she hopes to find safety. But when a terrible accident affects everyone on the island, Becca finds herself wrapped up in a complicated situation, and she isn't the only one with a secret. This compelling coming-of-age story, the first of an ongoing sequence of books set on Whidbey Island, has elements of mystery, the pararmal, and romance. <b> Blending mystery, family drama, teen angst and a dose of pararmal, this vel rises above many in the young adult genre. USATODAY.com George has hit the nail on the proverbial head with this action-packed, mysterious, and somewhat 'creepy' vel. <i>Suspense Magazine An Edgar Award NomineeAn Agatha Award Nominee</b>
- Author BiographyElizabeth George, described by<i>Entertainment Weekly</i>as the queen of the mystery genre, is the author of the bestselling crime novels about Inspector Thomas Lynley. Her books are known for complex plotting, elegant writing, and well-developed characters, all of which she also brings to her novels for teens. The first book in the Whidbey Island saga, <i>The Edge of Nowhere, </i>was a finalist for both the Edgar and Agatha Awards. The second book, <i>The Edge of the Water, </i>and the third, <i>The Edge of the Shadows, </i>continue the story in the island setting, which is notable for its beauty and mystery. Elizabeth George lives on Whidbey Island. She says, Whidbey Island deserves to be someone in a story. I only hope I ve done it justice. Visit Elizabeth George at www.elizabethgeorgeonline.com.
- Author(s)Elizabeth George
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight408 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.