All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A delight to read' RACHEL KHOO Shortlisted for the 2015 Fortnum & Mason Food Book Award Winner of UK's Best Culinary Travel Book in the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2015 'When we eat, we travel.' So begins The Edible Atlas. Mina Holland takes you on a journey around the globe, demystifying the flavours, ingredients and techniques at the heart of thirty-nine cuisines. What's the origin of kimchi in Korea? Why do we associate Argentina with steak? What's the story behind the curries of India? Weaving anecdotes and history - from the role of a priest in the genesis of camembert to the Mayan origins of the word 'chocolate' - with recipes and tips from food experts such as Yotam Ottlolenghi, Jose Pizarro and Giorgio Locatelli, The Edible Atlas is an irresistible tour of the cuisines of the world for food lovers and armchair travellers alike.
- Author BiographyMina Holland is Editor of the Guardian's Cook supplement and a food and drink writer. Travelling and living (and eating) abroad inspired her to write about what and why people eat as they do around the globe. The Edible Atlas is her first book; it has been shortlisted for the 2015 Fortnum & Mason Food Book Award and won the 2015 Gourmand World Cookbook Awards Best Culinary Travel Book in the UK. www.minaholland.com Twitter @minaholland
- PrizesShortlisted for Gourmand World Cookbook Awards: Best Book All Categories 2015.
- Author(s)Mina Holland
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight248 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $26.42Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.17
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $29.41Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $24.51Trending at AU $26.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.