All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first complete edition of Katherine Mansfield's fiction. The resurgence of interest in Katherine Mansfield (1888-1923) in recent years has grown to the extent that she is w perceived as 'the most emblematic woman writer of her time'. Mansfield researchers have been frequently frustrated by the lack of a complete edition of her fiction. There are several editions of her stories in print, but these omit many pieces t already collected and published in the volumes edited by Mansfield's husband John Middleton Murry after her death, from which present 'collected' editions derive. This Edinburgh edition of her stories, published to coincide with the ninetieth anniversary of her death in 1923, is a truly complete collection of the author's fiction writing. The editors have sought to include hitherto uncollected or rarely seen stories and prose fragments as well as the instantly recognisable stories. Placed in chrological order and fully antated with clear, concise tes, this edition undertakes a complete remapping of the author's fiction output, from her earliest childhood pieces to the pitch-perfect quality of the mature writer at the height of her craft, thereby redefining Katherine Mansfield as a writer for the twenty-first century. Key features: brings together all of Mansfield's extant fiction; refocuses critical attention on one of the most influential exponents of modernist fiction; the essential Mansfield text for individual scholars working on Mansfield studies, as well as those with a more general interest in Mansfield the writer; and, redefines Mansfield as a writer for the next generation.
- Author BiographyGerri Kimber is an Associate Lecturer at The Open University. Vincent O'Sullivan, Professor Emeritus, Victoria University of Wellington, is the world's foremost Mansfield scholar and is President of the Katherine Mansfield Society.
- Author(s)Gerri Kimber,Vincent O'Sullivan
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight1111 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.