All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a new edition of this established guide for students studying literature for the first time. This up-to-the minute foundational guide introduces the full range of literary forms, styles, theories and critical strategies which new students need to cover. By careful use of examples it demonstrates exactly how strategies for reading texts can be put to work and all texts discussed are conveniently available in the Norton Anthology of English Literature. The successful first edition is w updated with the latest in research and teaching by the academics based at one of the UK's leading university literature departments. It features a new Students Resources section with 3 new chapters on Reading, Writing, and Reflecting and including 'how to' features such as how to avoid plagiarism, and how to prepare a bibliography. It discusses both British and American authors, while the texts discussed in the book generally appear in the Norton Anthology of English Literature. It introduces a wide range of literary forms, styles and critical strategies, essential kwledge for the beginning student of literature.
- Author BiographyDermot Cavanagh is Senior Lecturer in English. Alan Gillis teaches creative writing as well as modern and contemporary poetry. Michelle Keown is Lecturer in English Literature and specialises in Postcolonial literature and theory, particularly that of the Pacific region. James Loxley works on Renaissance and early modern poetry and drama. Randall Stevenson is Professor of 20th-Century Literature. All are at the University of Edinburgh.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlan Gillis,Dermot Cavanagh,James Loxley,Michelle Keown,Randall Stevenson
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.