All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe emerging field of neuroeducation, concerned with the interaction between mind, brain and education, has proved revolutionary in educational research, introducing concepts, methods, and techlogies into many advanced institutions around the world. The Educated Brain presents a broad overview of the major topics in this new discipline: Part I examines the historical and epistemological issues related to the mind/brain problem and the scope of neuroeducation; Part II provides a view of basic brain research in education and use of imaging techniques, and the study of brain and cognitive development; and Part III is dedicated to the neural foundations of language and reading in different cultures, and the acquisition of basic mathematical concepts. With contributions from leading researchers in the field, this book features the most recent and advanced research in cognitive neurosciences.
- Author BiographyAntonio M. Battro is a member of the National Academy of Education, Argentina, and the Pontifical Academy of Sciences. Kurt W. Fischer is Charles Warland Bigelow Professor of Education and Human Development, and Director of the Mind, Brain, and Education Graduate School of Education, Harvard University. Pierre J. Lena is Emeritus Professor of Astrophysics at the Universite Paris VII and a member of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/12/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note40 b/w illus. 4 colour illus. 5 tables
- Weight380 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAntonio M. Battro,Kurt W. Fischer,Pierre J. Lena
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.