Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Martin is one of the most distinguished writers on Christianity and society in modern times. Kwn and respected internationally for his critique of the secularisation theory that once dominated sociology, David Martin is credited with generating the first comparative general theory of secularisation. A regular contributor to media debates on the role of religion in society, his many influential writings and broadcasts range extensively over issues of religion, politics, violence and war. David Martin's vivid, elegant and absorbing prose offers surprising and often moving insights into his life, times and intellectual development. As Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the LSE he gives a compelling behind-the-scenes account of the protests during the 1960s and 1970s. He also recounts the ups and downs of his leading role in championing the King James Bible and the Prayer Book in the 1980's. It will be a must read for the many people, both within and without the church, who have been influenced by his seminal writings.
- Author BiographyDavid Martin is Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and Honorary Professor of the Sociology of Religion at Lancaster University.
- Author(s)David Martin
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.