Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe Education of Fanny Lewald is the autobiography of the most popular and prolific German woman writer of her period (1811-1889). The author of more than fifty books of fiction, travel memoirs, and articles about current events, Lewald was a friend or acquaintance of many of the prominent intellectual, artistic, and political figures of nineteenth-century Europe. Her autobiography is clearly and engagingly written. We see her developing from the bright, oldest child of a middle-class Jewish family in East Prussia into a successful writer and financially independent woman. And we see her struggles with a patriarchal society along the way.
- Author BiographyHanna B. Lewis is Professor of German and Coordinator of Foreign Languages at Sam Houston State University.
- Author(s)Fanny Lewald
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication03/11/1992
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleSUNY Series, Women Writer's in Translation
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.