All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe myth: If you get into a good college, study hard, and graduate with excellent grades, you will be pretty much set for a successful career. The reality: The biggest thing you won't learn in college is how to succeed professionally. Some of the smartest, most successful people in the country didn't finish college. None of them learned their most critical skills at an institution of higher education. And like them, most of what you'll need to learn to be successful you'll have to learn on your own, outside of school. Michael Ellsberg set out to fill in the gaps by interviewing a wide range of millionaires and billionaires who don't have college degrees, including fashion magnate Russell Simmons, Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz and founding president Sean Parker, WordPress creator Matt Mullenweg, and Pink Floyd songwriter and lead guitarist David Gilmour. This book is your guide to developing practical success skills in the real world. Even if you've already gone through college, the most important skills weren't in the curriculum - how to find great mentors, build a world-class network, learn real-world marketing and sales, make your work meaningful (and your meaning work), build the brand of you, master the art of bootstrapping, and more. Learning the skills in this book well is a necessary addition to any education. This book shows you the way, whether you're a high school dropout or a graduate of Harvard Law School.
- Author Biography<b>Michael Ellsberg</b> was born in San Francisco in 1977 and lives in New York. Michael sends manifestos, recommendations, tips, and other exclusive content to his private email list, which you can join at www.ellsberg.com.
- Author(s)Michael Ellsberg
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight248 g
- Width141 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.