All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrounded in the solid strengths of its first edition, this updated and revised second edition, collates recent and important articles that address the relationships of museums and galleries to their audiences. The Educational Role of the Museum has been entirely restructured and new papers have been added which make this an up-to-date presentation of front-running theory and practice. Covering broad themes relevant to providing for all museum visitors, and also focusing specifically on educational groups, the book is set in four sections which sequentially: * chart the development of museum communication * relate constructivist learning theory to specific audiences with different learning needs * apply this learning theory to the development of museum exhibitions * pose questions about the way museums conceptualize audiences. For any student of museum studies, and for professionals too, this book fuses theory with practice in a way that can only serve to enhance their kwledge of the field.
- Author BiographyEileen Hooper-Greenhill is well-known internationally for her work on museum communications and education. She has also been a lecturer in museum studies at the University of Leicester since 1980 and is the author of Museum annd Gallery Education(1991), Museums and the Shaping of Knowledge(1992) and Museums and Their Visitors (1994).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/1999
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleLeicester Readers in Museum Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byEilean Hooper-Greenhill
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.