All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe how-to guide for exceptional management from the bottom up The Effective Manager is a hands-on practical guide to great management at every level. Written by the man behind Manager Tools, the world's number-one business podcast, this book distills the author's 25 years of management training expertise into clear, actionable steps to start taking today. First, you'll identify what effective management actually looks like: can you get the job done at a high level? Do you attract and retain top talent without burning them out? Then you'll dig into the four critical behaviors that make a manager great, and learn how to adjust your own behavior to be the leader your team needs. You'll learn the four major tools that should be a part of every manager's repertoire, how to use them, and even how to introduce them to the team in a productive, n-disruptive way. Most management books are written for CEOs and geared toward improving corporate management, but this book is expressly aimed at managers of any level with a behavioral framework designed to be tailored to your team's specific needs. * Understand your team's strengths, weaknesses, and goals in a meaningful way * Stop limiting feedback to when something goes wrong * Motivate your people to continuous improvement * Spread the work around and let people stretch their skills Effective managers are good at the job and good at people. The key is combining those skills to foster your team's development, get better and better results, and maintain a culture of positive productivity. The Effective Manager shows you how to turn good into great with clear, actionable, expert guidance.
- Author BiographyMARK HORSTMAN is cofounder and managing partner of Manager Tools LLC, the producer of the #1 business podcast in the world, Manager Tools, which has been downloaded over 250 million times. Manager Tools coaches and trains managers, executives, and organizations on how to optimize the effectiveness of managers. It is a three-time recipient of the Business Podcast of the Year award.
- Author(s)Mark Horstman
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication16/08/2016
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width160 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.