Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.09
About this product
- DescriptionPublished to celebrate the Society's 125th Anniversary in 2007, this volume gives a fully illustrated account of the earliest years (1883-1915) of the Society's work in Egypt, describing life on excavations run by pioneers such as Flinders Petrie and setting major discoveries in their archaeological and cultural contexts. The book contains around 200 images, some of which, watercolours by artists such as Howard Carter, are in colour. The accompanying descriptive texts have been written by Neal Spencer, Patricia Spencer, Chris Naunton, Harry James, Barry Kemp, Joanne Rowland, Dominic Rathbone and Andrew Bednarski. Each of the contributors has selected images from the Society's archive, many of which have never before been published.
- Author Biographyedited by Patricia Spencer
- PublisherEgypt Exploration Society
- Date of Publication05/08/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgypt Exploration Society
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), 1 map
- Weight1021 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPatricia Spencer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.