All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis generously illustrated work is the most complete reference book ever published on these fascinating and compelling structures of the ancient world. Facts on each of the 42 pharaohs and the monuments they constructed (and commentary from the author who has extensively explored them) include all elements of each pyramid complex that have been discovered, and whether a sarcophagus and mummy have been located. Cross-sectional diagrams and floor plans are provided for all pyramids so far uncovered, as well as photographs where available. Longer essays discuss in painstaking detail the unusual features such as the Bent Pyramid of Pharaoh Sneferu and the Great Pyramid of Pharaoh Khufu. Eight appendices include a comparison of Egyptian to Aztec and Mayan pyramids; and table pyramid authors and explorers. The resulting book offers solutions to many of the intriguing mysteries long associated with the pyramids in addition to tantalizing suggestions of discoveries yet to be made.
- Author BiographyThe late J.P. Lepre lived in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Author(s)J.P. Lepre
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2007
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note99 photographs, 200+ illustrations & diagrams, tables, directory, bibliography, index
- Weight490 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.