All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe Egyptian Sudan is a detailed account of early travels and archaeological missions to the Sudan in Egypt. The two-volume series contains illustrations and explanations of the dig sites and artifacts excavated, the history behind the pyramids and temples explored, and the details of the actual trips to Sudan and the scientists who took them. A wonderfully explicit and precise series for anyone interested in archeology and Egyptian artifacts, The Egyptian Sudan is a must-read. Volume II contains the histories of the Sudan during different historical periods, including the rise of the Nubian kingdom, their successors, the Sudan in the Ptolemaic Period, before and after Christ, the rule of Muhammad in the Sudan, the rise of Christianity, and finally Sudan in the modern day. SIR ERNEST ALFRED THOMPSON WALLIS BUDGE (1857-1934) was born in Bodmin, Cornwall in the UK and discovered an interest in languages at a very early age. Budge spent all his free time learning and discovering Semitic languages, including Assyrian, Syriac, and Hebrew. Eventually, through a close contact, he was able to acquire a job working with Egyptian and Iraqi artifacts at the British Museum. Budge excavated and deciphered numerous cuneiform and hieroglyphic documents, contributing vastly to the museum's collection. Eventually, he became the Keeper of his department, specializing in Egyptology. Budge wrote many books during his lifetime, most specializing in Egyptian life, religion, and language.
- Author(s)Ernest A Wallis Budge
- PublisherCosimo Classics
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCosimo Classics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1034 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.