All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionEach of the gospels has its unique insights into the meaning of passion; each paints its own distinctive portrait of the man on the cross. We are used to meditating on the last seven words from the cross, drawn from all four gospels, but the gospels also record several sayings of Jesus on the way to the cross: words spoken to the crowd, to Peter, to the high priest, to Pilate, to his mother and his best friend. In John, these words seem imbued with a kind of universal significance beyond the immediate story itself. The meditations help us reflect on an evangelist whose story speaks of the coming into the world of the Word made flesh, for whom words and signs are linked throughout his gospel.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL SADGROVE is Dean of Durham. He was Vice-Principal of Sarum and Wells Theological College before becoming Vice-Provost at Coventy Cathedral and subsequently Dean at Sheffield Cathedral. He has written on a range of theological subjects, and is the author of A Picture of Faith: Meditation of the Imagery of Christ in Glory (Kevin Mayhew, 1995).
- Author(s)Michael Sadgrove
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.