Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe centennial of Dwight D. Eisenhower's birth came amid a reappraisal of this American Hero's eight years in the White House. Among the many tributes to President Eisenhower's memory, perhaps the most significant was a Centennial Symposium held at Gettysburg College in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. This extraordinary gathering of former cabinet and staff, journalists and historians met for five days in October 1990 to examine anew the pivotal years of President Eisenhower's leadership. The group offers a unique view of the Eisenhower Presidency, much of it from an inside perspective. They vividly disclose how executive policy was shaped and political dilemmas were resolved. THE EISENHOWER LEGACY: Discussions of Presidential Leadership records the highlights of the exciting and sometimes surprising discussions that resulted from the symposium. Throughout their conversations, the participants reveal how President Eisenhower dealt with a wide range of crisis, including the U-2 affair, Senator Joseph McCarthy's hearings, and the confrontation of with Goverr Orval Faubus of Arkansas over school desegregation. The many first-hand anecdotes in this volume are often humorous, but more importantly allow the reader an insightful look at President Eisenhower's personality. It is unlikely that such an outstanding and kwledgeable group can again assemble to explore the many facets of the Eisenhower presidency. THE EISENHOWER LEGACY will prove invaluable for any future study of our 34th president.
- PublisherBartleby Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBartleby Press
- Weight440 g
- Width161 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byShirley Anne Warshaw
- Foreword byGerald Ford
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.