Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionPresident Obama comes into office on a wave of history&BAD:mdash;the first African-American President, recipient of more votes than any other candidate in American history, and among the youngest to hold the office. His election is the extraordinary final act of a dramatic election season, which saw Democrats further strengthen their majorities in Congress and the conventional wisdom turned on its ear more than once.No other single volume can expose your students to the depth of analysis and expertise provided by The Elections of 2008&BAD:rsquo;s impressive list of contributors. Available mere months after November 4, this volume provides an insightful look at the contests, their outcomes, and their implications for the future, with an eye to their historic nature. Chapter authors capture the drama as well as assess the importance of particular races&BAD:mdash;all the while analyzing the larger trends and effects of the election results.
- Author BiographyMichael Nelson is Fulmer Professor of Political Science at Rhodes College. He is also a senior fellow of the Miller Center of Public Affairs at the University of Virginia and senior contributing editor and book editor of the Cook Political Report. His recent books include Resilient America: Electing Nixon in 1968, Channeling Dissent, and Dividing Government (2014), which won the Richard e. Neustadt Award for Best Book on the American Presidency and How the South Joined the Gambling Nation: The Politics of State Policy Innovation (with John Mason; 2008), which won the V. O. Key Award for outstanding book on southern politics. More than fifty of his articles have been reprinted in anthologies of political science, history, music, sports, and English composition.
- Author(s)Zhanjiang (John) Liu
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/03/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight285 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael Nelson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.