All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.09Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionWe present here the transcripts of lectures and talks which were delivered at the NATO ADVANCED STUDY INSTITUTE Electronic Structure of Complex Systems held at the State University of Ghent, Belgium during the period July 12-23, 1982. The aim of these lectures was to highlight some of the current progress in our understanding of the electronic structure of com- plex systems. A massive leap forward is obtained in bandstructure calculations with the advent of linear methods. The bandtheory also profitted tremendously from the recent developments in the density functional theories for the properties of the interacting electron gas in the presence of an external field of ions. The means of per- forming fast bandstructure calculations and the confidence in the underlying potential functions have led in the past five years or so to a wealth of investigations into the electronic properties of elemental solids and compounds. The study of the trends of the electronic structure through families of materials provided invalu- able insights for the prediction of new materials. The detailed study of the electronic structure of specific solids was t neglected and our present kwledge of d- and f-metals and metal hydrides was reviewed. For those systems we also investi- gated the accuracy of the one electron potentials in fine detail and we complemented this with the study of small clusters of atoms where our calculations are amenable to comparison with the frontiers of quantum chemistry calculations.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number113
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight1525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byP. Phariseau,W. M. Temmerman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.