All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionDale Rogers' sculptures are presented in a wealth of beautiful photos - covering his entire output to date. Includes a biography as well as a listing of his public installations.
- Author BiographyMetal sculptor Dale Rogers, Jr., has made a full circle during his first thirty years. In high school, he was active in art classes and felt that creativity was his rock during adolescent years. After pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, he returned home to work on the family farm in his parents' bottled water plant. Rebuilding and maintenance of the machinery was Dale's facet of the business, and his creativity began to develop once again. Dale started to lay the groundwork for his move to full-time metal sculpting several years ago. His metal work took on more precision and focus as combinations of stone and steel forms evolved. In his stone and steel sculptures, Dale achieves a sense of balance and harmony within conflicting materials. He says, 'I have always tried to balance home and travel, friends and family, business and pleasure. When I create sculpture, it is important for me to explore and create a balance between natural and industrial materials.' Most of Dale's large sculptural work incorporates stainless steel or rusted steel and stone. He spends considerable time in contemplation before he creates a new work. As his 'mental vision' of the piece becomes clear, then - and only then - does he begin the construction process. Dale's work is held in private collections throughout the U.S, and in Canada and Switzerland.
- Author(s)Dale Rogers
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.