All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionPlacing mathematics specialists in elementary schools is a recent development that is gaining momentum as schools move to more rigorous standards, including the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.<br><br>Working with teachers to improve schoolwide mathematics performance, the mathematics specialist is unique among the specialists at elementary schools today.<br><br>In this handbook: <ul><li>Vignettes flesh out the elementary mathematics specialist's many responsibilities.</li><li>Experienced specialists offer tips on gaining teachers' trust--and access to their classrooms.</li><li>Special guidance highlights effective collaboration between the principal and the specialist.</li></ul>The transition from classroom teacher to elementary mathematics specialist is challenging, but the principal can smooth the specialist's path by reassuring teachers that the new specialist is there to support them, t judge them. In the authors' words, The mathematics specialist, when introduced to the faculty in the right way, becomes a soft place where the teacher can fall.
- Author Biography<strong>Patricia F. Campbell</strong>, <strong>Aimee J. Ellington</strong>, <strong>William E. Haver</strong>, and <strong>Vickie L. Inge</strong> have collaborated extensively on research on school mathematics specialists with support from the National Science Foundation through grants awarded to Virginia Commonwealth University in partnership with the University of Virginia, Norfolk State University, Longwood University, the University of Maryland, and the Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition.
- PublisherNational Council of Teachers of Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Council of Teachers of Mathematics,U.S.
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAimee Ellington,Patricia Campbell,Vickie Inge,William Haver
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.