All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe Elementary Principal's Personal Coach: Tapping Into Your Power for Extraordinary Leadership is a book for primary headteachers to use on their own or as part of a professional development training session. The book provides scenarios for rich conversations to strengthen a leader's capacity for problem solving and handling the day-to-day challenges of the primary headship. Each chapter focuses on a particular ISLLC standard and includes: - Lessons learned from episodes in the daily life of a headteacher - A mini coaching session powerful reflective questions designed to deepen the understanding of leaders about practice - A journaling section for headteachers to write about their own similar experiences - Professional development opportunities at the end of each chapter for use by staff developers.
- Author BiographyDiana Raney Williams, Ph.D., PCC is a leadership coach with Coaching For Results, Inc. where she serves as Chief of Evaluation Services and as a member of the Board of Directors. She consults across the country in professional development activities related to school improvement, school leadership and leadership coaching. She served as an urban educator for over thirty years in the Columbus, Ohio City School District. In addition to being an elementary teacher and evaluation specialist, she also served as a principal, a staff development supervisor, and a central office administrator for Effective Schools. She designed and implemented a parent and community involvement initiative for the district. She has authored several articles which have been published in The Journal of Staff Development including Kent Elementary-A School that Can and Building Systemic Change through Staff and Community Collaboration. She was a featured principal in an article entitled Principals as Staff Developers: A Portrait of Diana Williams. She served as a member of the Board of Trustees for the National Staff Development Council and is a Past President of the Board. She was co-founder and Past President of the Staff Development Council of Ohio. She was awarded the prestigious Distinguished Service Award from the National Staff Development Council in 2005. She served as a program coordinator and a leadership coach for The Ohio State University. There she supervised students and provided leadership coaching to accelerated administrative candidates. She also served as Editor for the Ohio State University Web Publication, The Principal's Office. In addition to her work with educators across the United States, she has presented and consulted in China and Africa.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Notecolour tables
- Weight590 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDiana Raney Williams,Essie Hayden Richardson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.