All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionA new breed of powerhouse companies from the emerging markets is catching their Western competitors off-guard. Household names of today - IBM, Ford, Wal-Mart - are in danger of becoming has-beens as these more invative superstars rise to dominance, representing both an urgent competitive challenge and an unprecedented investment and business opportunity. Understanding how they have become world-class market leaders - and where they are going next - is crucial to an understanding of the future of globalization. Training his brilliant investor's eye on the top twenty-five of these emerging market companies, Antoine van Agtmael takes readers into the boardroom suites and labs where they are outmaeuvring their Western competitors. He profilesmajor players such as China's Haier appliance manufacturer; Korea's Samsung; Brazil's Embraer jet maker; and India's Infosys. Divulging their strategies for future growth, he analyses how their rise to prominence will change our lives. His unique insights reveal both how we in the West can capitalize on the opportunities these companies represent while also mobilizing a powerful response to the challenges they present.
- Author BiographyAntoine van Agtmael is founder, president, and chief investment officer of Emerging Markets Management, L.L.C. He has held several senior level management positions at the World Bank Group.
- Author(s)Antoine van Agtmael
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Weight430 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.