Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $75.82
- AU $13.30Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first two books of his acclaimed Christopher Marlowe Cobb series, <i>The Hot Country</i> and <i>The Star of Istanbul</i>, Pulitzer Prize winner Robert Olen Butler captured the hearts of historical crime fiction fans with the artfulness of his World War I settings and his charismatic leading man, a Chicago journalist recruited by American intelligence. In <i>The Empire of Night</i>, it is 1915, and President Woodrow Wilson is still assessing the war's threat to the United States. After proving himself during the <i>Lusitania</i> mission, Kit is w a full-blown spy, working undercover in a castle on the Kentish coast owned by a suspected British government mole named Sir Albert Stockman. And Kit is again thrown together with a female spy--his own mother, the beautiful and mercurial Isabel Cobb, who also happens to be a world-famous stage actress. Starring in a touring production of <i>Hamlet</i>, Isabel's offstage role is to keep tabs on the supposed mole, an ardent fan of hers, while Kit tries to figure out Stockman's secret agenda. Following his mother and her escort from the relative safety of Britain into the lion's den of Berlin, Kit must remain in character, even under the very se of the Kaiser.
- Author Biography<b>Robert Olen Butler</b> is the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of over a dozen novels, including <i>Hell</i>, <i>A Small Hotel</i>, and two previous installments of the Christopher Marlowe Cobb series, <i>The Hot Country</i> and <i>The Star of Istanbul</i>. He is also the author of six short collections and a book on the creative process, <i>From Where You Dream</i>. He has twice won a National Magazine Award in Fiction and received the 2013 F. Scott Fitzgerald Award for Outstanding Achievement in American Literature. He teaches creative writing at Florida State University.
- Author(s)Robert Olen Butler
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleChristopher Marlowe Cobb Thriller
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight658 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.