Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe Empirical Science of Religious Education draws together a collection of invative articles in the field of religious education which passed the editorial scrutiny of Professor Robert Jackson over the course of his impactful fourteen year career as editor of the British Journal of Religious Education. These articles have made an ermous contribution to the international literature establishing of the empirical science of religious education as a research field. The volume draws together, organises and illustrates the contours of this emerging field and is an essential compendium which covers work in: * teacher education and teacher experience; * student understanding, attitudes and values; * varieties of religious schooling, and; * worldview and life interpretation Organised into ten thematic sections the contributors cover the field comprehensively and bring with them an international and reflexive approach to their research. It is an essential resource for those practitioners and researchers who wish to access original and invative research undertaken by way of ethgraphic fieldwork, practitioner research, life-history approaches to research, psychological scales and measures, and large surveys. Particularly interested readers will be studying PGCE and masters level programmes in religious education, as well as qualified religious educators undertaking continuing professional development.
- Author BiographyMandy Robbins is Reader in the Psychology of Religion at Glyndwr University, UK. She is also an associate fellow in the Centre for Education Studies, University of Warwick, UK. Leslie J. Francis is Professor of Religious Education and Director of the Warwick Religions and Education Research Unit at the University of Warwick, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMandy Robbins,Revd Canon Leslie J. Francis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.