All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe world of work has undergone major changes in the last two decades. This book examines these changes in their international context. It is argued that collective bargaining should longer be viewed as the most important means of regulating the employment relationship. In the changed world of work such an approach is becoming less relevant. Instead, other means of protecting legitimate worker interests are explored. These include: an adaptation and extension of the general principles of the law of contract; a constitutional right to fair labour practices; and the pursuit of good corporate governance and corporate social responsibility. The conclusion is that these alternative means of addressing legitimate worker interests can play a valuable role in filling the vacuum left by the worldwide decline of trade unions.
- Author BiographyStella Vettori is Associate Professor at the Department of Mercantile Law, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Author(s)Stella Vettori
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2007
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleCorporate Social Responsibility Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteincludes 2 tables
- Weight646 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor David Crowther
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.