The Empowered Manager: Positive Political Skills at Work by Peter Block (Paperback, 1991)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.99Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by helenafashions
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis is one of the most useful and clearly written books on the leading edge of management that I have read. - Warren Bennis Peter Block, the author of the classic Flawless Consulting, is a true visionary. And here he turns his sights on management. Managers and other employees who feel powerless to control their own destinies, who feel stifled by bureaucracy, who feel sapped of creativity - will feel invigorated by Block's legAndary insight. Offers practical advice to help your managers: * Empower themselves to help shape the organization* Develop positive political skills in their dealings with all levels of employees* Take responsibility for their own actions* Negotiate with their allies and adversaries* Face failure courageously...and much more! Block presents ways to treat all members of the organization as entrepreneurs so that employees feel that their units are their own businesses and that they, and they alone, are in the process of creating an organization of their own choosing. Managers and other employees who pick up The Empowered Manager won't just be reading about management. They'll be harvesting timeless tips from a master of business thinking. And they'll be uncovering a road map that leads to enhanced effectiveness and job satisfaction.This is a liberating book that cuts through our rationalizations and self-deceptions to help us think about both work and life from a new perspective. - Geoff Bellman, author of The Consultant's CallingHelp your managers become more confident, contributing members of your organization with guidance from a famed consultant. This guide is a perfect addition to your management and leadership development programs.Winner of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Book Award
- Author BiographyPETER BLOCK is an organization development consultant and partner in the consulting firm of Block--Petrella--Weisbord, Inc. A charter member of Certified Consultant's International, he has more than twenty years' experience in consulting and designing and conducting training workshops. His previous book, Flawless Consulting, has won widespread praise.
- Author(s)Peter Block
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication22/02/1991
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date26/01/2017
- Weight419 g
- Width190 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.