All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionAt the end of what is (she cant help observing) an extraordinary life, Elisabeth Rother has decided to write her memoirs. She recounts her narrow escape with her Jewish husband from the Nazis, and the perilous voyage to the New World of New Jersey, but those, for her, are mere facts of life. For Elisabeth, bighearted and obstinate, the most bothersome and consuming subjects are the unconventional paths and waywardness of her daughter, Renate, and her granddaughter, Irene. The Empress of Weehawken is a curiously touching love letter to the difficult but sustaining love of mothers and daughters. Written in the voice of the author's very real grandmother, it is superb . . . razor-sharp, desert-dry, and luxuriantly ironic ( The San Diego Union-Tribune).
- Author BiographyIrene Dische is a novelist and journalist whose work has appeared in The New Yorker. Her books, published in twenty-two countries, have included international bestsellers. She divides her time between Berlin and Rhinebeck, NY.
- Author(s)Irene Dische
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication04/08/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Out-of-print date22/06/2011
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.