All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a comprehensive study of the enclosure mapping of England and Wales, the authors assess the processes of land enclosure and the role of maps (the mapping of each county and the cartographic characteristics of all the maps). Accompanied by an electronic catalog of all extant parliamentary and n-parliamentary enclosure maps of England and Wales, this book will be an essential research tool for ecomic, social and local historians as well as geographers, lawyers and planners.
- Author BiographyRoger J. P. Kain is Montefiore Professor of Geography and Deputy Vice-Chancellor at the University of Exeter. He is the co-author of The Tithe Maps of England and Wales: a cartographic analysis and county-by-county catalogue (1995). John Chapman is Principal Lecturer in Geography at the University of Portsmouth. Richard R. Oliver is AHRB Research Fellow in the History of Cartography at the University of Exeter. He is the co-author of The Tithe Maps of England and Wales: a cartographic analysis and county-by-county catalogue (1995).
- Author(s)John Chapman,Richard R. Oliver,Roger J. P. Kain
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note20 b/w illus. 162 tables
- Weight1138 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine27 mm
Save on Other
- AU $13.50Trending at AU $18.85
- AU $33.73Trending at AU $35.08
- AU $6.01Trending at AU $7.14
- AU $15.33Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.