Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThe appearance of this translation is a major event in English-language Hegel studies, for it is more than simply a replacement for Wallace's translation cum paraphrase. Hegel's Prefaces to each of the three editions of the Enzyklopadie are translated for the first time into English. There is a very detailed Introduction translating Hegel's German, which serves t only as a guide to the translator's usage but also to Hegel's. Also included are a detailed bilingual antated glossary, very extensive bibliographic and interpretive tes to Hegel's text (28 pp.), an Index of References for works cited in the tes, a select Bibliography of recent works on Hegel's logic, and a detailed Index (16 pp.). The translation is guided by the (correct) principle that rendering Hegel's logical thought clearly and consistently requires rendering his technical terms logically...This ought immediately to become the standard translation of this important work. --Kenneth R. Westphal, in Review of Metaphysics
- Author BiographyH. S. Harris is Professor of Philosophy Emeritus, Glendon College, York University.
- Author(s)G. W. F. Hegel
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/1991
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight630 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Volume editorTheodore Geraets,et al.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.