All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThey are the men who carved a niche in the ble art of boxing. There are the champions, the main-event heroes and the humble men in gloves who never rose above preliminary fights but created their small slice of boxing fame. All are featured in The Encyclopedia of Australian Boxers. Australia, for example, has produced more than its share of world champions and the boxing world resonates with the fame of Jimmy Carruthers, Johnny Famechon, Lionel Rose, Jeff Fenech, Kostya Tszyu and many, many more. There are also those who could have won world titles, but either fell just short or were never given the opportunity to be a challenger. Although World and Australian champions are given prominence, this magnificent tribute to Australian boxers include 'prelim' fighters - men who dedicated their youth to the sport but were never able to reach the higher echelons. This is a book for every ring enthusiast and, indeed, anyone generally interested in Australian sport and, in particular, the remarkable history of boxing.
- PublisherBAS Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationWest Mt Martha
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBAS Publishing
- Weight1329 g
- Width200 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.