All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis interdisciplinary clinical reference encompasses more than 310 current entries on a broad range of topics related to geriatrics and geriatric care across multiple health care disciplines. The third edition reflects the many advances in geriatrics that have occurred since the publication of the second edition in 2006. It contains the updated, evidence-based contributions of more than 260 nationally recognised geriatric healthcare professionals regarding elder-care concerns relating to society, community, caregiving, and the individual. Completely new entries address Geriatric Care Models (acute care for elders, Project BOOST), Geriatric Health Issues (diarrhea in adults, prolonged hospitalisation, frailty, fronto-temporal dementia, re-hospitalisation, acute urinary retention, personality and aging, primary palliative care), Techlogy and Aging (Smart home sensors, Telehealth, Surveillance techlogy), and more. The Encyclopedia is organised alphabetically and includes links to important Web-based resources and Apps. Clinical topics comprehensively address diagsis, treatment, and disease management. Health care clinicians across the continuum will find this reference-the only one of its kind--to be a valuable guide to making appropriate referrals to social service providers, and social service professionals will be well informed by highly accessible descriptions of diagses, clinical syndromes, and care management.
- Author BiographyElizabeth A. Capezuti, PhD, RN, FAAN, is the Dr. John W. Rowe Professor in Successful Aging at New York University (NYU) College of Nursing, USA. As Co-Director of the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing, Dr. Capezuti oversees the research initiatives of the institute and directs the NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) programme. She is an internationally recognised geriatric nurse researcher, known for her work in improving the care of older adults by interventions and models that positively influence healthcare providers' knowledge and work environment. The recipient of more than $8M in research and training grants, Dr. Capezuti has disseminated the findings of 35 funded projects in four co-edited books and more than a hundred peer reviewed articles and book chapters. Michael L. Malone, MD, is Professor of Medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Medical Director of Aurora Senior Services at the Aurora Visiting Nurse Association of Wisconsin, and Section Head of Geriatrics and Geriatrics Fellowship Director at the Aurora Sinai Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI, USA. Dr. Malone is also Adjunct Professor at Marquette University College of Health Sciences, Milwaukee.
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1651 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byElizabeth A. Capezuti,Mathy Doval Mezey,Michael L. Malone,Paul R. Katz
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.