Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionAllan Kennedy provocatively proposes that running corporations to benefit shareholders damages companies and the societies they operate in. [He] has raised questions about managing for shareholder value that someone will have to answer. -Mark Henricks, American Way Allan Kennedy has always seen the corporation in its full cultural context. Now he demonstrates that corporate managers have mistaken the shareholder value formula for the building of true wealth. His fascinating stories of companies make both great reading and a compelling case for the broadening of corporate objectives. -Stan Davis, co-author of Future Wealth and BlurIn The End of Shareholder Value, Allan Kennedy calls for a revolution in business-for customers, employees, political and social leaders, and governing boards to challenge the cozy relationship between executives and investors that has crippled companies in the name of maximizing shareholder value. From GE to the hottest new Web-based start-up, those companies that subscribe to the shareholder value ethic cant be sustained and will, inevitably, be replaced by those who figure out how to create and share wealth among all stakeholders. Provocative and wide-ranging, The End of Shareholder Value challenges everyone to rethink the purpose of business in the new millennium.
- Author BiographyAllan A. Kennedy is a Boston- and London-based management consultant and writer. He is co-author with Terrence Deal of Corporate Cultures and The New Corporate Cultures. He lives in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Allan A. Kennedy
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication19/04/2001
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationReading, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerseus Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight348 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.