All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe claim that God is timeless has been the majority view throughout church history. However, it is t obvious that divine timelessness is compatible with fundamental Christian doctrines such as creation and incarnation. Theologians have long been aware of the conflict between divine timelessness and Christian doctrine, and various solutions to these conflicts have been developed. In contemporary thought, it is widely agreed that new theories on the nature of time can further help solve these conflicts. Do these solutions actually solve the conflict? Can the Christian God be timeless? The End of the Timeless God sets forth a thorough investigation into the Christian understanding of God and the God-world relationship. It argues that the Christian God cant be timeless.
- Author BiographyR. T. Mullins is Research Associate in Philosophy of Religion at the University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)R. T. Mullins
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication21/01/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleOxford Studies in Analytic Theology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight558 g
- Width168 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.