All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.91
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
About this product
- DescriptionForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Awards finalist (Juvenile Fiction category), 2007Alberta Children's/Young Adult Book of the Year Nominee, 2008 White Pine minee, 2008CCBC's Best Books for Kids & Teens, 2008 Manitoba Young Readers' Choice Award Nominee 2009</b><i> I hate the world and everything in it. And that includes me. Asked to write something for English class that expresses who he really is, 16-year-old Carson takes pleasure in blistering the page with hate for everything in his life. Stuck in a private school for kids who have repeatedly flunked out elsewhere, Carson kws he's got where lower to sink to. Flunk Out Academy is the last resort for Carson and his classmates, in a small town where its deeply troubled students are decidedly unwelcome. Then Carson meets someone who is even less optimistic than he. Christine struggles to get by, living in a trailer by herself, abandoned by her mother and father, so desperate that she has become almost immune to the pain and loneliness. Confronted by her deep sadness, Carson starts to care for her and she for him. Once focused on someone other than himself, he begins to tice the world around him and realize that there is beauty as well as hopelessness, love as well as hate. Together the two teenagers struggle to work out how they are going to live in an imperfect world. There are easy happy endings, but somehow the journey eventually makes the pain worthwhile.
- Author BiographyLesley Choyce once said that a voice in his head told him: Write about what makes you feel the most uncomfortable. The author of 65 books for children, teens, and adults and a surfer, musician, publisher, broadcaster, Lesley Choyce is always a fresh voice, challenging his readers to explore new paths, try out different attitudes.
- Author(s)Lesley Choyce
- PublisherRed Deer Press
- Date of Publication07/05/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Deer Press
- Weight236 g
- Width148 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.