Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThe Endless City presents a unique survey of the contemporary city at the beginning of the 21st century. It includes a wealth of material that has emerged from a sequence of six conferences held by influential figures in the field of urban development and its related disciplines, and examines the requisite tools for creating a thriving modern city. The book has been edited by Ricky Burdett and Deyan Sudjic in collaboration with one of the most important educational institutions in this field, the London School of Ecomics, which assures that the information and data provided is reliable, accurate and informed. Taking 6 key cities as its focal point: New York, Shanghai, London, Mexico City, Johannesburg and Berlin, The Endless City discusses in depth t only the infrastructure and architectural expansion necessary for continuous urban growth, but also the social and ecomic factors that are critical to urban development in the 21st century. Clearly organised into separate sections for each city, the book will have a strong visual impact and make detailed scholarly research straightforward and manageable. Images of each city will complement the discussions and enrich the discussion presented in the text. With contributions by experts in urban development, this book will appeal to architects, city planners, ecomists, students, politicians and anyone with an interest in the future of our cities.
- Author BiographyRicky Burdett is Centennial Professor in Architecture and Urbanism at the London School of Economics and Director of the Urban Age. He is an adviser on architecture to the Mayor of London, the BBC and the Tate, and is the Chief Adviser on Architecture and Urbanism to the London Olympic Delivery Authority. He was also Director of the Venice Architecture Biennale (2006). Dejan Sudjic is Director of the Design Museum, London and a former Dean of the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture at Kingston University. He was previously editor of Blueprint and Domus magazines, and Director of 'Glasgow 1999: UK City of Architecture and Design' and the Venice Architecture Biennale (2002). Former architecture critic for the Observer, he has written several books, including The 100 Mile City (1992), and John Pawson Works and Future Systems, published by Phaidon.
- Author(s)Deyan Sudjic,Ricky Burdett
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2195 g
- Width210 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine48 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.