All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe Endurance of Family Businesses is a collection of essays offering an overview of the importance and resilience of family-controlled large businesses. Much of ecomic and business history research neglects family businesses, considering them an inefficient form of business organization. These essays discuss the strengths of family businesses: the ways family firms have managed, financed and governed their corporations, as well as the way in which they structure their relationship with the external environment, from the government to the company's stakeholders. Family businesses have learned new ways of organizing their resources and using their accumulated kw-how for new markets and institutional environments. This volume combines the expertise of well-kwn scholars who specialize in business history, ecomic history, management and consulting, to provide an interdisciplinary perspective on family businesses. Contributors provide a global view by taking into account Asian, American and European experiences.
- Author BiographyPaloma Fernandez Perez is a Professor in the Department of Economic and Business History at the University of Barcelona. She received one of the first ICREA Academia awards from the Catalan government in 2008 and is in the editorial council of the journals Business History and Investigaciones de Historia Economica. She founded and coordinates the Network of Interdisciplinary Research in Family Firms. Her last book was La ultima globalizacion y el renacer de los grandes negocios familiares en el mundo (2012). Andrea Colli is Professor of Economic and Social History in the Department of Policy Analysis and Public Management at Bocconi University in Milan, Italy. He is a member of the Editorial Review Board of Family Business Review. He is the author of Business History: Complexities and Comparisons (with Franco Amatori, 2011).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus. 10 tables
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAndrea Colli,Paloma Fernandez Perez
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.