All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn middle age, people are overwhelmed by a yearning to abandon the trivial, to create a better self, and to begin living in relation to life's ultimate questions. Wilkie Au offers here a warm guidebook for traveling the road of middle age. It acts as a type of spiritual triple-A auto club, providing both a map for middle life's journey and roadside assistance for those who find themselves stuck along the way. Transitions peak in middle age-loss of all sorts-yet for believers, loss is never the final word. Crammed with stories, examples, and excerpts from both classic and contemporary writers, this book shows that God is always there to meet us w, wherever we are on the journey. This is spirituality that endures, spirituality for the long haul. Highlights: -Helps readers cope with common obstacles in the spiritual path, such as the need for control, the fear of the unkwn, and the desire to cling to possessions -Shows how to live with more awareness, more immediacy, more gratitude, and more compassion -Provides practical tools such as reflections, exercises, prayers, and guidelines for developing one's spirituality
- Author BiographyDr. Au is the author of the award winning books, By Way of the Heart: Toward a Holistic Spirituality and The Enduring Heart: Spirituality for the Long Haul. His books have been translated into Spanish, Polish, Chinese, and Korean and published in foreign editions in Great Britain, India, and the Philippines. Dr. Au has served as a member of editorial boards for scholarly journals and is a leader in the field of spirituality and formation for spiritual direction and pastoral ministry.
- Author(s)Wilkie Au
- PublisherPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.