All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the frequent characterization of Alzheimer's disease as a loss of self, this enlightening book demonstrates unequivocally that a person's unique self persists throughout the course of the disease. The important message in The Enduring Self is how much can be done in care settings to support a person's sense of identity, and thereby enrich the lives of people experiencing the many losses associated with dementia.Drawing from a diverse body of research, this book brings together the recommendations of the best thinkers and practitioners in multiple disciplines to illustrate the meaning of self and the importance of providing dementia care that recognizes and supports personhood. The author provides strategies for restructuring the physical and social environment to facilitate person-centered care. The Enduring Self provides a foundation for culture change efforts in community-based and residential care settings, showing administrators and care staff how to reframe communication and interactions to build more meaningful relationships with people with Alzheimer's. To facilitate staff training, a detailed case study is provided, and each chapter includes discussion topics.It is suitable for administrators and care staff in community-based and residential care settings.
- Author BiographySam Fazio is Director of Medical and Scientific Relations, national headquarters of the United States Alzheimer's Association.
- Author(s)Sam Fazio
- PublisherHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.